- Certified Professional in Training Management (CPTM), Training Industry, October 2020
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Scrum Alliance, November 2019
Director of Learning, Grand Circus, 2019-present
As the Director of Learning, I manage a Learning Team of full-time employees and evening contractors, including teachers, teaching assistants, program managers, and career services specialists.
- Led the company through the transition from all in-person to all-remote instruction during COVID-19, keeping learning outcomes and satisfaction scores high.
- Managed the creation of course pre-work including eLearning modules and labs.
- Mentored staff in learning theories, methodologies, and tools.
- Administered the Learning Management System.
Senior eLearning Software Developer, TorranceLearning, 2018-2019
- Led the backend development of xapi.ly Statement Builder for Storyline, a web application which lets course builders without programming knowledge add rich xAPI statements to Storyline courses for learning analytics.
- Built custom web-based eLearning platforms and tools.
- Integrated xAPI (TinCan) and AICC into client eLearning for learning analytics.
- Consulted on learning data strategy.
- Hosted the xAPI Learning Cohort for upwards of 700 participants to learn through a weekly online session.
Bootcamp Instructor, Grand Circus, 2016-2018
- Taught Java, C# .NET, and Unity3D bootcamps.
- Developed an entirely new curriculum for a Unity3D Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality bootcamp, including mobile AR with Vuforia and VR on Google Daydream and HTC Vive.
- Created, organized, and ran DETrealities, a regional conference in October 2017 about Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and Mixed Reality in Southeast Michigan.
- Created and updates online content, exercises, labs, and projects.
- Managed Student teams in a scrum-like environment.
Freelance Developer, 2015-2016
I contracted with a local Learning & Development company to develop eLearning on various platforms.
- Developed a web-based course including instruction and assessment for an automaker, using their Bootstrap/JQuery templates for system integration, with additional programming for custom interactions.
- Developed multiple instructional modules in Articulate Storyline for a major national healthcare provider, based on provided design documents.
Technology Instructor, University of Detroit Jesuit High School and Academy, 2000-2016
Originally hired to teach Computer Applications, I transformed the school's technology curriculum, introducing Advanced Placement Computer Science, Computer-Aided Design (CAD)/Intro to Engineering, Web Design, and Game Programming classes. I served on multiple school committees and moderated multiple Co-Curriculars over the years, including FIRST Robotics. FIRST Tech Challenge, FIRST LEGO League, Mock Trial, Debate, Student Congress, Model United Nations, Gaming Club, and the school's student government.
- Taught a dual-enrollment CAD course with the University of Detroit Mercy.
- Ran multiple STEM summer programs including LEGO Robotics and game programming in Scratch.
- Redesigned the school's Computer Applications course into a Digital Literacy course.
Dean of Instructional Technology, University of Detroit Jesuit High School and Academy, 2010-2015
I served as the school's first Dean of Instructional Technology while continuing to teach courses. In this role I mentored the faculty in the use of technology, worked to embed national and international technology standards across the curriculum, and led the school community through a process that resulted in a One-to-One/Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program which continues to the present.
- Supported teachers in their use of technology in the classroom through training sessions, one-on-one coaching, and a variety of support materials.
- Planned and conducted assessment of student technology skills.
- Managed the school's Learning Management System.
- Created and managed the Instructional Technology Facilitators program, where teachers took on a leadership role in their departments in technology for teaching and learning.
Instructional Web Designer, MIKA Systems Inc contracted to General Motors, 2000
I designed and developed web-based instruction in engineering Program Management processes. I was responsible for the entire instructional design process, from analysis and defining objectives through implementation and evaluation.
Webmaster, Idetix, 1998-1999
I managed Idetix's website, developing their first e-commerce site to sell their software products. I also performed testing of their products and did development of client websites.
Assistant Director of Technology, University of Detroit Jesuit High School and Academy, 1997-1998
I designed and facilitated faculty computer training courses. I also maintained and repaired the school network of over 120 computers, including Novell and Unix servers, and I designed, developed, and maintained school website.
Adjunct Instructor, Wayne State University, 2000-2002 and 2020
Undergraduate course taught: Digital Games for Learning, 2020
Graduate courses taught:
- Web-Based Training, 2002
- Interactive Courseware Development, 2001
- Advanced Multimedia Design & Development, 2001
- Multimedia Design & Development, 2001
- Applications of Technology in Education and Training, 2000
Bootcamp Instructor, Grand Circus, 2016-2018 and 2020
- Full Stack C# .NET and Angular, 2020
- Unity3D Virtual & Augmented Reality, 2018
- C# .NET, 2017-2018
- Java, 2016-2017
Adjunct Instructor, Focus:HOPE Center for Advanced Technology, 2004-2005
Undergraduate courses taught:
- Communications in Manufacturing Engineering I, 2004-2005
- Communications in Manufacturing Engineering II, 2004-2005
Adjunct Instructor, Lawrence Technologyical University, 2004
Undergraduate course taught: Technical & Professional Communication, 2004
University of Michigan-Dearborn, 2000
Graduate course taught: Instructional Multimedia Production, 2000